Leading a healthy sexual life is one the main criteria for a joyous living. But these days a lot of people have reported to experience decreased libido or sexual drive. One of the major reason for this to happen is stress. Stress is the root cause for a lot of illness and disorders with decreased libido being one. Be it trying to juggle personal and professional life or trying to make a mark in the ever so increasing competitive world, stress has become synonymous with breathing. Apart from increase in the reported case of mental disorders the next syndrome which is caused by stress is lower sex drive and incompetence. Another big contributor is lifestyle. Due to the fast paced lifestyle that we have adapted to, one does not find time to relax and rejuvenate body.
There are a variety of sex enhancers to boost up the sexual energy for both men and women. Before jumping in to how one can increase their sexual power, let us first briefly understand how the male and female body works. The two main substances produced in men and women’s body are testosterone and nitric oxide. These substances are required for a better and long lasting sex between the couples. Testosterones result in a strong sex drive and oxides help in orgasm by increasing the blood flow to the genitals. Decrease in either of the two substances in one’s body will lead to lower sex drive. There can be a lot underlying causes for low testosterone and nitric oxide. Thera are ways to treat these like the blood flow to the genitals can be increased by use of some herbs like horny goat weed, Ginseng, tongot Ali and tribulus, which will in turn increase one’s sex power. These herbs are known to boost the sex drive and improve sexual power.
Below are few of the measures that can be taken to improve the sex power.
One of the best and proven ways to improve your health is cardiovascular exercise. Sex might get your heart rate up, but regular exercise can help your sexual performance by keeping your heart in shape. Thirty minutes a day of sweat-breaking exercise, such as running or swimming, can increase your libido within a week. Moderate exercise can help in increasing sex energy to a great extent. Simple push-ups or 30 minutes of regularly walking or jogging can work wonders in building sex power. Sex and exercise both make a person sweat, increase blood circulation, diminish stress and burn calories. They make one feel better and confident. Exercise helps in making sex more enjoyable and satisfying. The exercises of the legs, backs and chest enhance the release of testosterones in men and women. It also increases the flexibility in one’s body in order to accommodate in different positions. Men need cardio exercises in order to have a sustained erection.
- FOODS TO BOOST SEX ENERGY
Certain foods are loaded with vitamins and nutrients which help in increasing the libido by improving and maintaining a good hormone level. Vitamins and minerals are necessary to keep one healthy both mentally and physically. Zinc is one of the most important ingredients for the proper functioning of the prostate glands of a man. It helps in prostate infections, prostate cancer and help sperm production. Oysters, cashew nuts, sesame seeds, almonds and walnuts are best sources of zinc. Similarly foods like egg yolks and tuna help increasing testosterone in the body. Nuts and seeds are also rich sources of arginine, an amino acid which is essentially required for healthy erections and sperm production.
- Fruits - like apples, apricots, blueberries, cherries, papayas etc. Play a vital role in keeping the body sexually healthy. Fresh and leafy green vegetables like asparagus, carrots, cucumber, and spinach are the best source for most vitamins and minerals.
- Dates – Eat 5 – 7 dates everyday for a week to see surprising sexual stamina.
- Aswagandha – It is a gift for Indians. Consume Aswagandha lehyam (paste) 10 grams for instant sexual stamina. You can find the result in few hours. You can find aswagandha in the nearest ayurvedic shop.
- Pumpkin seeds – These are rich in zinc and this is good for boosting the sperms of men. This again improves the deficiency of testosterone in some men. The seeds are full of vitamins that give energy to the libido of any human being.
- Fish – The sea water fishes are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and these helps in improving the libido. This enhances the sexual stamina and the sexual urge for men and women. Eating of fish can diminish depression and give new hope and bright mood. The brain function is also improved with the omega 3 fatty acids and hence is good for all over improvement of sexual urge. Some such fishes are – trout, Tuna, Sardines, Herring, Anchovies, Mackerel and Wild Salmon
- Onions – These are vegetables with aphrodisiac properties to help the libido. If you think you have low libido, you can take this by crushing them and frying them in butter. You must add honey with the golden onions and eat them in empty stomach for improving the sexual drive.
- Chocolates – There are antioxidants in chocolates. These are good for the body as it increases the excitement. The chemical called phenylethalmine is there in these foods and enhances the sexual drive of the people.
- Oysters – Oysters have been used since a long time as a love drug.Casanova and Cleopatra had one thing in common. They had a love for oysters. Oysters have been known to have been used by the Italian romancer to seduce women. In fact, research has proven that oysters are a good love drug. Oysters improve the levels of dopamine in the body and they are said to boost the libido levels both in men as well as in women. Oysters are rich in zinc, which is essential for the production of healthy sperms.
- Watermelon –Some experts have touted watermelon as the latest love drug. Since it contains citrulline amino acids, it helps relax the very blood vessels that enhance the sex drive in a person. If you want to get your partner in the mood, then prepare a watermelon sorbet and share it with him.
- Asparagus –Not only does asparagus have a suggestive shape, but it is also rich in a Vitamin B known as folate!This fosters the production of histamine, which is important for a healthy sex drive both in men as well as in women.If you want, you can even grow your own asparagus or buy it fresh from the Farmer’s Market.
- Avocados – Not only are avocados known as fruits that increase the brain levels, but they are now being touted as love drugs.
- Celery –Eating celeries may be the last thing you would think of to boost the libido, but research goes to show that it increases the pheromone levels in the sweat of a person and makes the males more attractive to the females.
- Figs – Legend has it that figs were a hot favourite with Queen Cleopatra. The ancient Greeks also thought it improves the fertility levels of a person.
- Banana –This fruit that is rich in potassium can help boost your libido and your sexual performance.
- Red hot chilli peppers –Naturally hot and spicy, this food is known to boost both the libido of a person, as well as their sexual performance.
- Eggs –Eggs can help balance the hormone levels of a person and improve the sexual performance of a person by decreasing their stress levels.
Stress can affect all areas of your health, including your libido. Stress increases your heart rate (in the bad way) and increases blood pressure. Both of these are damaging to sexual desire and performance. Psychological stress can also affect achieving an erection or reaching an orgasm. Exercise is a great way to reduce stress and improve your health. Talking to your partner about your stress can also calm you down, while strengthening your relationship at the same time. Stress can also trigger bad habits, such as smoking or alcohol consumption, which can harm your sexual performance.
Get some sun
Believe it or not, that natural vitamin D is very important for human body. Sunlight stops the body’s production of melatonin. This hormone helps us sleep but also quiets our sexual urges. Less melatonin means the potential for more sexual desire. Getting outside and letting the sun hit your skin can help wake up your sex drive, especially during the winter months when the body produces more melatonin.
There are different mood enhancers and colour is one of them. You can keep bright and warm colours around you so that your mood will be good. The red colour is good for the person who wants to be aroused for sexual pleasure. It is a sign of vigour and strength. Food and drinks of red colour will also improve the mood of the area. A person who is wearing pale shirts or pastels shades for shirts will not feel much excited and adding red lights, red coloured bed sheets or red curtains will improve the urge for the person.
Kick away the alcohol and tobacco
What you rely on to cool your mind – such as consuming alcohol and smoking – would also cool down your genitals. While research studies suggest that a little red wine would boost the blood circulation and thus the libido, too much of it can have side effects. Smoking too much only causes impotence. You should therefore consider replacing these bad habits with good ones, if you want to perform well in the bedroom.
There are different men at different age groups who face some issues with the sex energy. These are often found to be due to varied reasons and you can try to get to the root of these when you have adequate information regarding the sex energy. The main reason for losing sex energy is the reduction of testosterone and the increase of oestrogen level. This is also felt when one sees reduced urge for sex and a decline in the mass of muscles in the body. The mood changes are also noted in people with reduction of testosterone and some gain abdominal fat or falters in different cognitive activities.
There are many natural ingredients that can be taken with your regular meal. These help in increasing the sexual energy as they are herbs that change your internal system. There are herbs that can be added to your food. These are:
- Black peppercorn
- Fennel seeds
- Anise Seeds
- Fenugreek seeds
- Cinnamon bark
Give a gap
Don't have sex every day. Yes, it is important to give a break. Maintain a gap of one or two days. Sex, as a part of a daily routine, may make you feel bored and eventually might lead to decreased sexual interest.
Reduce diabetes and hypertension if you have
Maximum sexual bliss can be had only if you keep yourself healthy and hygienic. So, get proper treatment for your diseases and do not allow them to grow to chronicity. Diabetes and hypertension may be causes for decreased libido, which has to be given proper treatment. Hence if you have to started to suddenly feel lesser libido it might be due to an underlying condition of hypertension or diabetes. The medicines for treating hypertension and diabetes also cause decreased sexual drive, hence getting them under control will subsequently increase your libido.